Tuesday, September 30, 2008

engaged to a belgian...

So folks, yes. I am engaged!!!!!! But not to a belgian. I am engaged to Daniel Eugene Burk, and we are getting hitched on November 25 in the San Diego Temple! yay!!

So yes.. I guess inquiring minds want to know how he proposed.... on august 28th, he told me we were going to go hiking, and to pack a picnic dinner. I made dinner, and he came and got me and we were off... we went up to Pleasant Grove, where we hiked the Battle Creek Falls. It was a beautiful but steep hike.... we were having a grand old time, and I had no idea that he was going to pop the "question" that night. 

So we got past the main fall, and were in this beautiful field looking up unto Mount Timp, which we had previously hiked this summer... and as we looked up at the mountains we decided to take some pictures. We took some pictures, talked, laughed, and then he decided he wanted to take pictures with his camera. He got his camera out, we took some more pictures, and then as he knelt down to put his camera back into his backpack, all of a sudden he was kneeling with his hand outstretched with this beautiful ring... and then he asked me to marry him.

I did what any girl would do. I laughed.... 

And then of course I said yes, and laughed some more, and then started crying :)

It was such a beautiful moment, and even more awesome that we were alone in nature.. where we really did fall in love to begin with.  We never did eat our picnic dinner- we were too excited and had to get down the mountain to call and tell everyone...

so wedding plans are on their way..... we are getting married!!!!!! huzzah!!!





8 comments:

Pete said...

Yes! First to comment! Congrats on your engagement Mel. I am eager to meet this Mr. Burk without an e. Be sure to tell him I will have a full arsenal of tests to see how he measures up.

Melissa said...

fel!! i cant tell you how excited i am for the two of you!! congrats! ti voglio un mondo di bene!!

Ashley said...

yay cousin! so excited for you. your wedding celebration is going to be the bomb! (and yes i realize people stopped saying this in elementary school)

Whitney said...

Congratulations Mel!! I am so excited for you two. And I love that sequence of events: laughing, saying yes, crying. Perfectly you.

Kirby said...

Shut up!! Melanie, I am so excited for you. I'm so glad I found your blog, congratulations!!

Janell said...

I've been waiting to hear the story... and to see pics. Congrats!

Joanna said...

Congrats! I heard through the grapevine that you were engaged. Looking forward to being at the wedding. You guys look so happy together.

jamiemp said...

It's me!!