Sunday, June 29, 2008

reunion, tapioca, and the lost suitcases

so yes my suitcases are still lost.. which means I have been wearing the same clothes for several days now... ok i lie, i went and bought a skirt yesterday for church today.. But let me tell you I look marvilous... but all of this just makes everything funnier, and makes it a real brasilian experience for my parents... but man i am loving it all...smoky smelly clothes included.

everything just seems so familiar, it is crazy. I love speaking portugues again, seeing the brasilian culture again, they are so sweet and so fun and loud. I feel so at home. and hello... can we just talk about being able to see michael again? wonderful!!! and now we can speak portugues together, which is a blast. He is skinnier, but just glows.... we all knew he was basically perfect before hand but now we can just expect him to be translated anyday now :)

he has been taking us all around maçeio, which is soo fun. It was St. John´s day yesterday, that means lots of parties, and drunk people, normal stuff for mike and I, quite an experience for my mom and dad. They are handling it beautifully. It is awesome to see the people He taught, we met the sweetest family tonight who we all fell in love with- especially their 4 year old son. (it is so great being able to hold little kids now.... not like my mission days!!) They all cried when we left and Mike said their goodbyes.

we also introduced my parents to some great brasilian food... tapioca (this is NOT pudding..way better) and rice and beans and forofa and conjica and hmm lots of good stuff. We told my mom she had to eat everything today at lunch or they would get offended (which actually is true) and I think we all laughed to see her eat more food then I have seen her eat my whole life. It is good for her... good practice for mission days ahead of her (eat more sister!!!!)

it has been a blast. i love brasil so much.... i am getting so excited to go to my areas in a few days. but now i am just enjoying to see what a great missionary my brother is.

Tchau ate...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

AWWWW you are back in Mexico! WITH MIKE! That is so great! I'll bet it is great being reunited again down there in Brazil! Say hi to your family for me! And call me when you get back! Love ya!

Ashley said...

So awesome Mel! I can't wait to be at the airport to see you and Michael come home too!