Wednesday, June 11, 2008

speaking of....

Speaking of things that are random and crazy that make up my life.... we all know that I have been here at BYU for awhile now. huzzah to that. I really love college, and that is part of the problem. I love taking classes that have nothing to do with my major... Take this next fall for instance, I would love to take several classes that are rather ridiculous... floral design? C.S. Lewis? An HTML internet class? Absolutely unnecessary for my major... but it is just too fun! I would love one or all of these classes, but I fear that I need to graduate...

Speaking of fear... fear not Mom and Dad... I will officially have two more semesters left of college life in a matter of days... Spring term ends next week, something I am absolutely ecstatic about- one because it means I can just work insanely, instead of now where I work insanely and study insanely. Sounds good to me...

Speaking of insane work... yesterday I helped out at photo shoot for Isis Dei, one of the companies I work for... and what did I do? Graffiti. Yes that is right, I took sidewalk chalk and was in charge of drawing designs on the walls... who would of thought that my job would include vandalizing public property? I felt nervous, but the good news is that it is only temporary vandalization... (is that a word?) because the rain will wash it off. Now it just has to rain soon... (oh and the design did turn out awesome!!!)

Speaking of rain, I actually hope that it doesn't rain. Because as a student I got an amazing discount at 7 peaks water park... and I got a season pass... and I have plans on going tomorrow... which is highly important and high on the priority list.

Speaking of high things.... so on Monday night I was excited because I was going to finally go to bed early... and all of a sudden there was an explosion/earthquake in my room... Last weekend I spent a bit of time cleaning out my room, and what did I get for it, on Monday night my two shelves fell down... with all of my books on that... it was hysterical, only because I had just cleaned my room extensively... So I spent an hour or so sorting through books and papers and trying to put back the explosion. I did find some books i hadn't read in awhile, and so it wasn't an evening lost... I laughed so hard too... why is it in my most awkward moments the only response I have is laughter?

Speaking of awkward moments.. So I got a new computer at work, which is SOOOO EXCITING and I was really stoked about it. Nothing beats Macs I tell you... so i am all pumped up about my new computer and the only problem? I couldn't find the on button... I looked, and looked, and .......................looked. I was so embarrassed. What sort of person can't figure out to turn on a computer? Finally I resorted to shame and asked my boss... who pointed it out where I had already looked.... in my defense it is on the back side of the screen on the lower left hand side.. a fairly odd place to put it if you ask me. But the good news is that the computer it turned on, and I was only laughed at for a little bit. (as in all morning)

Speaking of morning... its pretty late....(as in the AM hours of the night) I am really tired.. and I need to sleep. So there you have the news of Felony Melanie.... really no news, just trivial information that makes my life fantastic and blonde... And that is huzzah for sure.

6 comments:

joojierose said...

love it. love reading about your life. :) i love talking to you. i'll call you again soon. and then see you in august! huzzah!!!!!!

Lindsay Anne said...

That was quite clever how you got those all to string together Mel. Excellent word play. I hope everything continues to go well!

Unknown said...

oh how fantastic... i am so jealous that you got a new computer! what type of a computer did you get?

Melissa @ Bookmark Dragon said...

that most definitely IS hazzah for sure. =D i heart you roomie!! =D

Austin said...

aaah! yay! I love you! ha... but you found my school blog! that one is the one I post the newsletters on for my class! Feel free to look at it, but you'll probably find this one (austinoutsidethelines.blogspot.com) a little more entertaining :) Let me know if you have a spot in your apt.!

Arica said...

what a fabulous post. thanks for that bit of happiness.